The Plant Pathology laboratory is equipped to receive and maintain plant material in isolation for the identification and diagnosis of field and horticultural crop diseases, caused by bacteria, fungi, virus, phytoplasmas, insects, mites and nematodes.
Plant pathology laboratory provides hands on training in the identification and classification of representative plant diseases, including isolation and culturing techniques for plant pathogenic fungi, bacteria, nematodes and viruses.
Plant pathology laboratory is equipped with
- Preserved plant disease specimens.
- Disease inoculum slides.
- Photo transparencies of field and horticultural crop diseases for easy identification and learning to the students.
- Simple and compound microscopes.
- Plant disease microscopic slides.
- Fungicides and Nematicides.